Key Functional Areas
Assessing and Collecting Stamp duty based on the Market Value.
- Collecting information from relevant institutions.
- Opening files according to the collected information.
- Calling for related instruments including deed, survey plan, building plan etc.
- Collecting more information through inspections of the properties.
- Analyzing the collected information.
- Assessing the market value of the property.
- Charging the deficit stamp duty if there is a difference between the assessment and the value stated in the deed.
- Giving opinion of the assessor to determine stamp duty and endorsement done by the assessor.
- Maintaining good relationship between land registries and notary public.
Motivating tax payers for paying taxes
- Encouraging tax payers for voluntary compliance on paying taxes.
- Making arrangements to exhibit information at the department notice boards.
- Conducting awareness programs for notary public.
- Making general public aware of the stamp duty through notary public.
- Making tax payers aware of the importance or paying taxes during the interviews.
- Making press release.
Bringing down the default taxes.
- Encouraging tax payers to pay default taxes.
- Settling appeals and objections of the taxpayers / notary public.
- Proceedings with legal actions against tax payers who does not comply with paying default taxes.
- Making every endeavor to percentile reduction of existing default taxes.
Development of the professional Competence of the staff.
- Identifying the suitable areas for professional training.
- Preparing a training procedure.
- Identifying the available resource persons and institutions.
- Conducting training and human development programs.
Appraising the performance.
- Implementation of working plan to achieve or exceed the annual targets.
- Preparing monthly progress report of the collection targets to assess the department performance.
- Preparing monthly progress report for individuals of the staff.
- Functioning the activities in accordance with the government rules and regulations.
- Making actions to minimize the audit queries.
- Bringing down the customer complaints.